- Dar es Salaam Trees Pilot
- CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0)
+ This works has been dedicated to the public domain. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permissions.
+ For more info see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en.
This data set contains 556 mapped trees in the area of Mikocheni ward in Dar es Salaam. Points representing trees has attribute values of e.g. tree species, tree health and type of threath threathening the tree. This data set is a pilot mapping project where an efficient and high-quality metodology for mapping urban trees was created and tested. In later phases of the project mapping of the trees is broadened to a subward level in Dar es Salaam. The project is conducted by the World Bank, O…
- Creation Date
- March 10, 2020, 1:39 p.m.
- Vector Data
- dar_es_salaam_trees , urban ecology
- flora and/or fauna in natural environment. Examples: wildlife, vegetation, biological sciences, ecology, wilderness, sealife, wetlands, habitat
- United Republic of Tanzania
- The World Bank
- Maintenance Frequency
- Frequency Of Maintenance For The Data Is Not Known
- formal permission to do something
This data set was created to pilot a tree mapping methodology that can be used in the next phases of the tree mapping project in Dar es Salaam and other cit…
- Temporal Extent
- March 10, 2020, noon - March 13, 2020, noon
- Data Quality
- - Some attributes has minor inconsistencies in the values, as well as missing values. - Important: The data set does not contain ALL trees in the mapped area, only selected trees mainly besides the residential roads in the area. - This data set has two data sets combined. Originally, two distinct data sets for small and big trees were created. For practical reasons, those two data sets are combined to this one data set. They share most of the attributes, but the original data of big trees contains more attributes than the original data set of small trees. Thus, some attributes - such as tree diameter - has values only in part of the data set.
- Supplemental Information
Coordinate system is geographic coordinate system (degrees): EPSG: 4326 / WGS 84.
- Spatial Representation Type
- vector data is used to represent geographic data