- Dar es Salaam Flood Extents
- Open Data Commons Open Database License / OSM (ODbL/OSM)
+ You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our data, as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors
+ If you alter or build upon our data, you may distribute the result only under the same licence.
+ For more info see http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright.
The dataset comprises of flood history (years of flood occurence), flood depth, reasons for flooding, types of buildings, uses, whether residents were evacuated or not. All data points were collected by using ODK Collect.
- Creation Date
- Dec. 15, 2018, 6 p.m.
- Vector Data
- flood depth , Flood extent , Flood mitigation
- Inland Waters
- inland water features, drainage systems and their characteristics. Examples: rivers and glaciers, salt lakes, water utilization plans, dams, currents, floods, water quality, hydrographic charts
- United Republic of Tanzania
- Registered Members
- Maintenance Frequency
- There Are No Plans To Update The Data
- Not relevant
Historical flood extent covered areas that are mostly affected by floods during rainy seasons. Households surveys were conducted to capture details in subwa…
- Temporal Extent
- Aug. 24, 2017, 4:54 p.m. - April 12, 2018, 4:55 p.m.
- Data Quality
- This is community generated data, therefore individuals were asked to reflect on historical flood extents; this comes with inherent subjectivity based on their memories
- Supplemental Information
EPSG:4326 - WGS 84 - Geographic; 11 wards in Dar es Salaam (Hananasif, Ilala, Buguruni, Magomeni, Kigogo, Mchikichini, Jangwani, Ndugumbi, Mzimuni, Tabata, and…
- Spatial Representation Type
- vector data is used to represent geographic data